We have been made aware of organisations posting fake job advertisements and contacting individuals purporting to be a company extremely similar to Ainsworth Civils. These recruitment scams are fraudulent.
Ainsworth Civils always go through a formal recruitment process working with a small group of approved recruitment agencies and we will never send you an unsolicited job offer via email. If you have received one of these hoax interview or job offers out of the blue, please do not respond to these emails.
What is employment fraud?
Employment fraud involves fake job opportunities advertised and posted through legitimate online services, fake websites and unsolicited emails.
Be aware that the fraudsters often create fake website that look very similar to genuine company websites, just changing the company name and contact details.
Be suspicious of anyone who contacts you by email to offer you a job. These hoax emails usually contain some or all of the following features:
- Requests for your personal or financial information
- Requests for travel payments upfront
- Extremely tight deadlines and an insistence on urgency
- A mobile telephone number as a contact, often starting with +44 (0) 70
- Being sent from a Google, Hotmail, Yahoo or other Internet hosted account. (Even if it seems to come from a company, don’t use the Reply button but instead type in the address manually. If the address changes then it is likely to be a fraud.)
- What should you do if you suspect a scam involving Ainsworth Civils?
Please let Ainsworth Civils know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask for further details if required to help the police investigate any fraudulent offers.
Also consider reporting the matter to your local law enforcement agency, police or online to Action Fraud, the UK’s national fraud and internet crime reporting centre.
Please do not respond to unsolicited job or interview offers from unfamiliar people, or disclose any personal or financial details.
DO NOT send any money. Ainsworth Civils DO NOT ask for money from job applicants.